Pages

Kawaii haul

Wednesday 11 September 2013

As a little treat to myself after struggling through and completing my first Uni assignment, I placed an order for some Sentimental Circus items. I bought from shop kawaii which is an American site as I can't seem to find what I want from UK ones.

Sentimental Circus are characters from San-X, a Japanese brand known for their cute characters. I'd also like to apologise for the poor quality photos, not my best work but the light at the moment is awful....or so that is my excuse and not the fact I really just can't take a good photo.

Anywho, here is my rather large haul.

Shappo card cushion - $49.95 (£31.81)
This is 16" by 12" with a pink backing, as the tags are in Japanese I have no idea on material but it feels nice! This is currently out of stock on this site but I have seen it on others such as ebay but for an awful lot more. Another cushion to add to my collection which is currently residing on my bed, so comfortable.

Little extras that were thrown in, 2 badges, 3 stickers and a pocket file (is that the name?). Not my kind of design but possible to come in handy at some point.
 

Sailor A4 plastic folder & Carousel A4 plastic folder  both $2.99 (£1.90)
I don't know what it is about stationary but I just can't help myself, as you will see. I got these (and the others) to help keep tidy all my bits of paper floating about.

A4 5 index plastic folder & Accordion A4 5 index plastic folder - both $6.99 (£4.44)
Both these folders have 5 separate areas to store paper, the accordion one is currently sold out.

A4 2 pocket folder - $5.99 (£3.81)
This instead of having separate files has 2 pockets on each side, I really do find the cover adorable!
 

A6 notepad midnight & A6 ladder to the moon - both $8.99 (£5.72)
Both of these are hard cover, 5.8" by 4.1" so quite small notebooks. These hold 160 lined pages. Again, I was drawn in by how cute they are, such a sucker.

B6 notebook, B6 sailor & B6 magic - all $8.99 (£5.72)
All are hard covers, 7.1" by 5" so bigger than the others but still not massive. These hold 120 lined pages. Sadly I already know what I will be filling them with.
 
 Sailor drinking glass - $12.99 (£8.26)
4.3" by 2.5", a little glass but so cute and the packaging is just as sweet.

I also got 4 mugs, I didn't need any but you know, just in case I ever do I will be set!

TL - Sailor mug - $22.95 (£14.59) 3.3", a baby mug but I prefer these as I find normal sized mugs hold much coffee.
TR - magic card mug - $22.95 (£14.59) 4.7", is that a bit bigger than a normal mug size? Either way I really love this design.
BL - Circus mug - $24.95 (£15.86) 4.7", not sure why this is more expensive.
BR - Amusement park mug - $22.95 (£14.59)

 Finally I ordered 4 packs of stickers. Now, at my age no, I am not playing with stickers but I got these for resin pieces. For a couple of years I have been making jewellery from resin, I've put an example below of what I will be using these for.

TL - Magic card stickers - $3.99 (£2.53)
TR - Carousal stickers - $6.99 (£4.44) These were more expensive due to the little gems and the thickness of the stickers.
BL - Midnight stickers - $3.99 (£2.53)
BR - Magic card stickers 2 - $3.99 (£2.53)

 Here is an example of how the stickers will be used, this is one of my favourites I've made so far.

 And that I believe is that, a long post but I did get quite a bit. No doubt I will be purchasing again at some point!

For any of those wondering, kawaii is Japanese for cute. It is quite a big culture and I for one enjoy it very much.


Ciao





No comments:

Post a Comment