Pages

Sephora haul

Monday 27 October 2014

I placed my first Sephora order and I'm really impressed at how quickly it arrived. I've picked up a couple of their Christmas sets, there were a couple of other things I wanted but due to restrictions they wouldn't ship the items to the UK. 


First I got the Sephora favourites - give me more lip. A sample box of lip products from different brands. This was $59 (£36.60) with a value of $192 (£119.10), these are mostly sample size but very generous samples. This is such a good way to try out different brands. I wish stores over here would start doing these sorts of sets.

Inside there are 17 products grouped into reds, nudes, dark and light pink.
First the reds -
Hourglass Opaque Rouge liquid lipstick in Icon - 0.03oz
Kat Von D Everlasting liquid lipstick in Outlaw - 0.10oz
Sephora collection 10hr lip ink in Rouge Infusion - 0.068oz
Laura Mercier Crème Smooth lip colour in Red Armour - 0.09oz
The nudes -
Stila Stay all day vinyl lip gloss in Nude - 0.04oz
Laura Mercier Lip glace in Blush - 0.10oz
Too Faced La Crème color drenched lip cream in Naked Dolly - 0.05oz
bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lipstick in Speak Your Mind - 0.05oz
Make Up Forever waterproof lipliner in (I think) medium neutral beige - 0.025oz
Dark pinks -
Tarte LipSurgence lip tint in Moody - 0.06oz
Fresh tinted lip treatment in Sugar Berry - 0.07oz
OCC matte lip tar in Black Dahlia - 0.08oz this also came with a little brush.
Buxom full-bodied lipstick in Menace - 0.04oz
Light pinks -
Bite Beauty luminous crème lipstick in Palomino - 0.07oz
Tarte LipSurgence power pigment in Flush - 0.04oz
Benefit Posiebalm hydrating tinted lip balm - 0.01oz I did have to squint when I opened this to see the product but I eventually managed to find it. Tight Benefit, very tight.
Too Faced melted liquefied long wear lipstick in Fuchsia - 0.16oz

Apart from the reds which I have already passed along I am looking forward to trying these all out.

I also got the Tarte dream come hue 12-piece collector's set. This set contains 12 full size products, 6 blush and 6 LipSurgence. This was $175 (£108.75) with a value of $300 (£186.43).

Charmed, Lust & Enchanted. Charmed seems to have squashed itself against the lid which is a bit annoying. 

Elite, Moody & Lovely. All the LipSurgence have a slight minty smell which is different from the usual sweet or rose scents products have.

TR - exposed, BL - blushing, BR - dollface

TR - true love, BL - tipsy, BR - natural beauty (I have possibly got natural beauty & true love mixed up but honestly not sure)!

I like this set as I've wanted to try out both the lip and blush products, the oranges and reds though will be passed along.

Finally I got a Tarte LipSurgence in energy. This is a skintuitive lip tint which means it will react with your skins pH and give you a customised pink colour. This was $24 (£14.91).


Lastly are some samples I received. There was code for a free mini Tarte mascara so I picked the lights, camera, flashes. Out of the 3 samples you can pick I only selected one as pretty much all the others were foundations. I got the Ren glycol lactic radiance renewal mask. I've just run out of my sample of this mask so thought I would pick up another.


So I totally get the hype around Sephora, their sets they put together are something I think UK stores are missing and are very good value for what you get to try although the total value of the sets I am dubious. A shame not everything can be shipped to the UK but there is still plenty that can be purchased. Now I just need to find a US drug store online that will ship to the UK.......

Sets can be purchased here Sephora



2 comments:

  1. Are you interested in selling me the tarte set? I know it sounds crazy but I cannot find it in Italy because Sephora. Com does not ship to Italy. Let me know and thanks anyway!!!!! My email address: boselli76@ yahoo.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry but I'm not interested in selling the set, I've already tested out and used most of the products. Hopefully they will start worldwide shipping soon, if not eBay usually has people selling gift sets.

      Delete