Pages

The end of the beauty box....?

Monday 19 January 2015




I've been subscribed to Birchbox and Glossybox for a couple of years but when my subscriptions were up for renewal in November I just didn't bother. I realised that it had been quite some time since I was last excited about receiving a box and that really I had grown disinterested in them all together. 

I recently had a clear out and the majority of things thrown were products I'd received in these boxes, such a waste but they were items I just had no interest in. Obviously not everything I received was awful and I haven't had to buy a cleanser since I subscribed but for all the good I realised it really wasn't worth the money I was spending on the subscriptions. My biggest problems with the boxes were the perfume samples which I know a lot of other people hated getting as well and the variety of what I was receiving. Body lotion being the main culprit, I had a whole box of them! Even though I had filled out my profiles to my preferences I was receiving products which didn't match what was on my profiles. The novelty had worn off and after seeing reviews from people on the last couple of boxes I know I'm not missing out on anything.

Currently I'm trying out Memebox which is a service where you receive Korean skincare products. I'll also keep purchasing any boxes that The British Beauty Blogger releases. These 2 so far seem to be better value for money and the products are ones that I will actually use.

I've got some Memebox posts coming up and here are some posts of the previous BBB boxes if you're interested in what to expect -  

BBB dreambox 2
BBB Christmas edit box 2013
BBB edit box 2013

Has the novelty of these boxes worn off for anyone else?


No comments:

Post a Comment