Pages

Mid life crisis possibly?

Monday 17 December 2012

At the end of November I started  a new job, the people are nice and the works alright. There are bits of it I like but others not so much. Since starting though it made me realise that it wasn't what I wanted to do. I've been doing office work for about 5 years and think now I need to really think about what I want to do in the long run.
As a New Year is approaching I feel I need to have a plan for 2013 and not just waste another year in a dead end job.

Upon leaving school I went straight into working. I didn't know what I wanted to do and no college courses caught my eye so I  got a job. Always late to catch onto things I think I've finally found something I want to do.

I absolutely love ancient history, Greek and Roman mythology and all the sort jazz

So as I can't afford to go to uni I have found a distance learning course - BA (hons) Ancient History & Classical Archaeology from Leicester uni. This is the closest course I can find that has a lot of what I like in it. It covers Greek and Roman history, Sparta, other bits I don't have much knowledge on & archaeology.

As it is distance learning all course materials and I believe text books will be sent to my home and then it's down to me to crack it open and learn! I won't need to attend any classes so it is purely home learning.
 
As with everything in life, nothing is free.
A lot of time and money will need to be invested in this course. It is £16,050 and as I will be doing this part time it will take 6 years to complete.
 
I'm yet to make a full decision as I don't know if it will actually be worth doing this but I'm currently leaning more towards the yes enrol me route. Will I actually get a job out of it? I have no idea but I hope so. 
 
For some reason I have been having what I like to call an early mid life crisis. I hope that once I have decided if I want to take the leap and go for a degree I will get over this and start on a path towards an amazing job.
 
I don't believe I'm the only person who has had this kind of dilemma?
 
 


Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment