Pages

Latest in Beauty advent calendar 2012

Monday 31 December 2012

Originally this calendar retailed for £59.95 with free delivery but it is now half price at £29.95. It's still available from the website This is definitely worth the price, I really enjoyed opening this everyday and seeing what goodies were inside. It made counting down to Christmas just that bit more fun.

I thought I would share what I got inside, even though it's the same for every calendar I'm doing it anyway!


I've put the items into different groups so I'll start with -

Hair Care
There are 3 hair products in the calendar -

Nicky Clarke - Instant Calmer. This smells really good. This smooths and controls hair making it easier to style. My hair is naturally straight and flat so I might just use this on my ends.
Jo Hansford - Intensive Masque. This is for coloured hair which is perfect, leave in for 5 minutes and rinse. Nice and easy.
Richard Ward - Volumiser Root Booster. I need all the help I can get to add volume to my hair, the only downside is once sprayed in you need to blow dry your hair. I'm not a fan of blow drying my hair but I will give it a go and see if it is worth it.

Nails

Mavala - Rouge Rubis. A red varnish with tiny bits of gold glitter. I've never worn red as I think it washes me out but I will try this on the tips.
Mont Bleu - Crystal Nail File. So pretty and very handy that it comes in a little slip. I usually just use emery boards so this will be different.


Body Care

Balm Balm - Organic Lip Balm. This also promotes itself a a multi-purpose balm so it can be used on any dry areas. It's rose geranium which makes me think of Turkish delights! I do enjoy a good lip balm.
Yardley - Royal English Daisy. This smells so refreshing and could imagine it feels nice as a pick me up on a hot day...hopefully it won't have run out by the time we get one of those!!
St.Tropez - Instant Glow Body Lotion. I initially thought this was going to be one of those sparkly lotions but turns out it's actually a wash off tan. Me and fake tan are not the best of friends (thanks pigmented skin) but I will try this on my legs so if all goes wrong no one will see!
Aromatherpahy Associates - Revive Bath & Shower Oil. I've used this up, I got two baths out of it. I think it's Ylang Ylang or that's what it reminds me of.
SteamCream - Nourishing Moisturiser. Suitable for all skin types and can be used for face, body and hands. This cream is unique in the way it is made, all ingredients are mixed together with a shot of steam making the cream lightweight and long lasting hydration.
L'Occitane - Shea Butter Hand Cream. I'm yet to use this as I now have loads of Hand Food (thanks Santa!) to use up first but I may throw this in my bag on a night out.

Make Up

The Vintage Cosmetic Company - Eyelash Curlers. These also came with 2 refills which I thought was nice. Have used them once but not sure I saw much difference. I will keep trying though as I'm sure after a few more goes I'll see something!
Perricone MD - No Foundation Foundation. I haven't pierced the seal on this yet so I'm not too sure how it comes out. I'm guessing it's a BB cream, it says broad spectrum on the front which makes me think its good for most skin colours.
Benefit - They're Real. I think everyone knows that this is a cult item with many shining reviews. I've used it once with the curlers, it gave a nice curl but next time I think I'll build it up to see how good it really is.
BellaPierre - Shimmer Powder. This is in Celebration to go along with the one I got in JolieBox. I believe these powders have multiple uses.
Mirenesse - Lip Lift Moisture Shine. I love this colour, it comes out as a beautiful full pink. This is supposed to be plumping but I didn't really notice this. I did however find out that it leaks when I out it in my bag on a night out and found it all over my cards and money. Lesson learnt!


Face Care
 Behind one door was a little package of Dermalogica. A 4 piece regime -
Special Cleansing Gel - Soap free foaming gel thoroughly lifts impurities without stripping skin.
Daily Microfoliant - Gentle powder microfoliates dulling debris for smoother, brighter skin. I've used this before and it leaves my skin so soft.
Skin Smoothing Cream - Antioxidant-rich cream maintains moisture balance while improving texture.
Multivitamin Power Firm - Combats visible lines around the eyes with this powerful firming complex.


Espa - Super Active. Lift & Firm intensive eye serum and moisturiser. Both are supposed to help with fine lines and wrinkles.


Bioeffect - EGF Serum. I love the little dropper! This is an anti-ageing serum which promotes epidermal growth serum, new skin basically.
Eve Lom - Rescue Mask. A weekly deep cleanse mask with Kaolin clay.
Philosophy - Purity 3 in 1 cleanser. I know this cleanser is a bit like marmite. Some people love it while others it breaks out. I'm excited to give a go.
Balance Me - Radiance Face. This is a face oil. Now having an oily T-Zone I'm not sure how I feel about adding extra to that. I have read though that oil on oil balances it out so I'll brave it and see how it works.
Trilogy - Rosehip Oil Antioxidant +. Another adorable little dropper bottle. In this bottle is a 7 day trial, to be used morning and night.

Day 24

AS London Candle. I love candles but can safely say this one will not be burnt! After getting someone else to smell it is is apparently cloves. Oh my it smells vile! Such a shame the calendar went out on a low.

All in all I really hope they bring out another one next year as I think this is definitely a great bargain. I can't wait to try out all of the samples and hopefully find some new favourites!

 
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment