Pages

Philosophy haul

Friday 1 February 2013


 
Way back at the beginning of January I made a few purchases from Philosophy. Having never tried anything from this brand I thought I would give it a go and see just how good it is.
 

Kiss Me Tonight - intense lip therapy.
I am a lip balm addict, I'm always slavering something onto my lips so of course I was tempted by this. This claims to restore health and rosy appearance of lips as well as the usual helping with dry and cracking problems. I use this as a night treatment after using a lip scrub, it is quite a thick consistency so you don't really need to use loads. Upon waking my lips feel so soft that I don't need to use any balm so pretty impressed with that. I've only used it a few times but so far so good.

Soul Owner - exfoliating foot cream.
Apart from the obvious exfoliating this cream has natural, essential eucalyptus oil which works as an emollient and skin freshener. I'm yet to use this but it does have the usual minty smell most foot products do.


As a bathaholic I treated myself to 3 bubble baths although these are multi purpose and can also be used as shower gel and shampoo.
Buttered Rum - this smells soooo good! As you can see I couldn't wait to use it. It smells like melted sugary butter with a little hint of rumminess.
Raspberry Sorbet - this is a really fresh berry smell and not as sweet as others I have had.
I Love Candy Corn - getting this I was hoping for it to be as sweet and delicious as the candy itself and I wasn't disappointed. Sweet, honey/vanilla smell. Yummy!

As I had spent over £40/£45 I was also sent a free samples bag -
As these were free(ish) I'm not going to grumble about the sachets...

Eye Hope - this is a multi tasking eye cream which helps diminish the appearance of dark circles, reduce the appearance of puffiness & minimise the appearance of fine lines. For £40 I should bloody hope so!
The Microdelivery Peel - a two-step, in-home peel that resurfaces and rejuvenates sun-damaged, hyperpigmented and ageing skin. the kit includes vitamin c/peptide crystals and lactic/salicylic acid activating gel....I should basically get a new face once I've used this then?
Miracle Worker - anti age moisturiser, not being up with all the anti ageing jazz the one 'promise' I found most interesting was - helps strengthen skin’s natural rejuvenation potential to guard against all signs of ageing. Always good guarding oneself from father time.


The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash - gentle enough for daily use although I think I will still stick to a few times a week.
Purity Made Simple - 3 in 1 cleanser...need I say more? I'm looking to get a Clarisonic Mia 2 and have heard this is a good cleanser to pair with it so when I eventually find one that won't break the bank I shall give it a go.

I think Philosophy offer some good products or at least they look good. The only downside is the price, I don't think I will be buying anything again until the sales come around.

 
Ciao


No comments:

Post a Comment