Pages

Birchbox January 2013 review

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Originally Joliebox, this has now been incorporated into Birchbox, an American beautybox brand. I think it will interesting as the year goes on to see how the UK and US boxes differ. Hopefully with this new take over we will get to see some American brands we haven't before. The theme is fresh start, these products will help to start the year on the right foot.

The first box comes in a pretty pink outer box, we also still get the draw string bag & magazine with I believe the same sort of content. The box itself is brown with metallic pink trim, the same I think as the ones in the US.

KMS California - add volume volumizing spray
A thicken spray with heat protecting, to be used on towel dried hair and then styled. It has eucalyptus to remove excess oil, nice. It seems quite a thick consistency. I don't like blow drying my hair so not sure how much I'll use this.
Fresh - sugar rose lip treatment
Keeps lips flake free and soft with an added SPF 15 thrown in for good measure. This is supposed to leave a little tint on the lips but only having used this once I didn't really see much. I love the packaging and I'm quite the sucker for how things look.
WEI - royal Ming firming and hydrating cream
So this cream is from a 600 year old recipe used by Chinese courtesans. For anyone who doesn't know what that is there are 2 definitions - a person who attends the court of a monarch or prostitute. I'll let you pick which one it is. This contain a boat load of herbs which addresses all the signs of ageing. The full size is £74!!! This in theory should stop you ageing for that price.

Reverence De Bastien - unguent for nail and cuticles
Argan and vitamins treatment for nails which should keep the strong and healthy. The tube looks very much like a lipgloss, what a pretty shade it would make.
Lifestyle extra - Teapigs
I got mine in chamomile.....I hate tea, normal, herbal any type is not welcome. A little coffee sample wouldn't go a miss, cater for the tea haters once in a while.

So not a bad box for the first Birchbox ever. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the make up side of what they have to offer.


Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment