Pages

Empties #2

Wednesday 13 November 2013

A few more items that I've gone through, not really that much considering the amount of products I have. I really do need to work on using more products before I run out of storage space!


Freederm Gel
Technically this isn't empty but it's out of date so it needed throwing out. This is my second tube of this, it was what I used before I found the Origins spot treatment. This gel works in basically the same way as the Origins one, put it over the spot and redness is reduced while it dries the spot out. I would say the Origins gel is a bit stronger in formula and I saw results a lot quicker with it so while the Freederm one is good it's not the best out there, for me at least. I won't be repurchasing this.
JASON Lips Bee Healthier
This is a lip balm with aloe and beeswax which I really enjoyed using. This is the second tube I've gone through and if I didn't already have a massive stock of lip balm I would repurchase. Very minty smell with a nice texture, some balms can be too slippery? Not sure that's the right word but I'm sure you know what I mean.
Eucerin Even Brighter
I have a lot of freckles on my face, I've had to accept that I can't really get rid of them but thought I would give this a go and I have been pleasantly surprised. I have noticed that a couple of the freckles I've been putting this on have faded quite a lot. I will do a separate review as I also have the moisturisers which I'm not sure on. This has already been repurchased to continue the fight against the freckles.


L'Oreal Micellar Solution
I got this to remove make up and to use after face masks just to make sure all of the mask is removed. Both cases it works really well, I don't wear waterproof mascara so not sure how well it works on that but in general this gets everything off. No more wipes for me!
Mitchum Advanced Control Deodorant
An exciting empty I know. I got unperfumed as I don't see the point in scented when I'll be wearing a perfume anyway. I don't really sweat that much so I can't really put a deodorant to the test but this one suits me well enough.


Lee Stafford Hair Growth Shampoo
I've been growing my hair for about 5 years (on purpose that is, obviously it grows anyway) and have managed to get from just below shoulder to under boob and I still haven't reached my desired length. It seems to me my hair doesn't grow super quick so anything that can give it a kick would be very welcome. This shampoo did a good job of cleaning my hair and since using it I have noticed a bit more length but then who can tell if that's natural or the actual shampoo. I think in reality nothing can help with hair growth but there we go, I have another bottle to go through but I'm not sure if I'd repurchase.
Batiste Dry Shampoo
This smells very good but that is where my likings stop. This can leave white residue in the hair even if rubbed in properly. I have used other dry shampoos that have worked better, left no residue and just generally worked better in sorting out the hair. I'm currently using another Batiste as it was on offer, the volume one but once that's done I will be looking for a different brand.


Molton Brown Ylang Ylang Shower Gel
This smelt lovely and I really enjoyed using it but at £18 for full size I don't think I will be looking into buying it.
Balance Rescue Face Tonique
This I used after a face mask and sometimes in the evening after removing make up and I was feeling lazy...It felt really nice on the skin and lasted quite a while considering it was a small bottle.


I Love...Raspberry & Blackberry Shower Gel
All of the I Love...range smells lush although the scent doesn't stay on the skin for long. I found this quite a runny gel so a lot would slip straight out of my hand leaving me with not much to lather. For the price it is a good size but not one of the better washes I've used.


Now for the good bit, I finally get to throw all of these into the recycling and start again on filling up my empties box.



Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment