Pages

Hot Topic Haul

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Over a month ago I found a website that I have been obsessed with. Hot Topic is an American site which has clothing, accessories and collectibles from a lot of awesome TV shows, movies and bands. Being a lover of Alice in Wonderland and The Nightmare before Christmas I have partaken in a little purchasing as I have never come across clothing like this in the UK.

The prices once converted are actually quite reasonable and I think cheaper than places like Topshop or Miss Selfridge. One of the downsides though is the shipping which is high, my last order for 3 items was $48.40 (£30.44) so if you do order bear in mind the shipping adds a lot on. The biggest downside is the import, VAT and handling fee (of whichever courier is delivering it) once the package has arrived in the UK. I won't even start on this as I have already spent many an hour voicing my thoughts on the thieving shits who put on these charges, extortionate to say the least. Plus, how can a courier put on a handling fee when their job is handling mail?! I will say it can be anywhere from £11 - £30ish so again, something to think about before ordering.

This is over about 3/4 orders (with another on the way!)

 
I love this skirt, it fits nicely around the waist and is a good length, not too long! It has a white slip inside and the print is perfect for the style I like.
 

 
Another of my favourite movies so how could I say no? This is a little loose around the waist but that's obviously my fault and nothing to do with the skirt. This looks really nice on with one of the long tank tops.

 Alice in Wonderland tea party tank top  & Alice in Wonderland spoon tank top both $15.38
These are so comfortable but the gaps at the sides are quite big so I've been wearing a bandeau underneath. These are quite long so a good top to wear with leggings.

 Alice in Wonderland dress $34.50 & Alice in Wonderland croquet jumper $24.38
This dress is lovely to wear, it fits so well around the top and then just sits nicely everywhere else. I've not worn a dress in this kind of style for quite a while so was pleasantly surprised when I found I really liked it on me. The jumper is quite thin so not really one for when it's cold but it fits nicely, not too baggy. Love love love.

The Walking Dead Daryl tank top $18.38 & The Nightmare Before Christmas Lock Shock And Barrel tank top $15.38
What can I say, I just had to buy this. My favourite walker killer, I got this to wear when lounging in bed. This fits nicely, not as big as the other tank tops and it's the closest I will ever get to going to bed with him ha! Another of the Nightmare Before Christmas collection I seem to have started accumulating, a nice one to wear with some leggings.

The Nightmare Before Christmas Jack Leggings $18.55 (sold out) & Adventure Time Gunter leggings $19.88
I was really looking forward to these arriving but so disappointed when they did. The Jack ones are baggy around the thighs and bum and the Gunter ones are just massive! I can't believe they are an XS. I've put these in my draws as I'm not sure what to do with them, maybe one day I will fit into them *I say with no chance of this happening ever*

I have asked about sizes and it's a case of once a size or item is sold out they rarely get it back in. This is my justification for placing a lot of orders....why don't you come to the UK Hot Topic, why??!?!?!



                                                              Ciao




No comments:

Post a Comment